Saturday, August 9, 2014

Meditating on Trust

An old friend of mine drove out from the Bay Area yesterday to spend the day with me. We
sat under the trees in our back yard and had a lovely time. Al even brought us lunch. The shade kept moving, so we did what I always do when I'm reading under the trees, "chased the shade," moving our chairs as needed and laughing all the while.

Gaby has been meditating for decades and thought that learning to meditate might be useful for me for the time to come. And how right she is. I've done some meditating over the years, but never very seriously. I learned that meditating with someone is entirely different and very powerful. I hope to find a meditation group in Stockton and join their satsang.

When Gaby and I were meditating, I found myself concentrating on trust, which I feel I need to overcome my fear of what is to come. Even just after our two meditation sessions yesterday, I feel much less fear. The other lesson I came away with is that everything in our life is a blessing. Chemo is a blessing. A radiation treatment is a blessing. I believe it. Thank you, Gaby, thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment