Monday, August 25, 2014

A Slow Day

I started week three of radiation this morning. Radiation without chemo hasn't been too bad. But I'm starting to feel some unpleasant side effects of radiation. Plus I'm plain tired. I will have another week of chemo soon. I'm not looking forward to it, except that every day of treatment gets me closer to the end of this ordeal/blessing. 

A good friend had a stroke late last week. He is doing well and making good progress with therapy, thank goodness. Yet his situation is another reminder of how fragile and unpredictable our time on this Earth is.

I'm disappointed in how lazy I've been with all this free time. I have a sweater for granddaughter Anastasia that has been half done for months. I have an ocean of old family photos to organize. Somehow I cannot get in gear. Instead I am reading ferociously. The book du jour is the latest "Robert Galbraith" (J. K. Rowling) whodunit. A great read; check it out.

Our tomato crop is embarrassingly puny this year. But we are getting some great BLTs, including tonight's dinner. Bon appetit!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! Glad to see you're posting about how things are going. Best of wishes in making it through these weeks of treatment. Heck, I don't see any reason why you should have to do anything but read and get better. I'd say you get a pass on all the "shoulds" and "oughts." Love the picture of you and Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen, for the excellent advice. We all "should" ourselves way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy all the leisure, Katie, because I know as soon as you're back up to speed, you'll be going 90 miles an hour!!

    ReplyDelete