Saturday, November 29, 2014

The holiday season begins

A belated happy thanksgiving to everyone. I hope you had as good a day as we did. Al's daughter Robin and her family joined us, so we had just seven. But wonder of wonders, I worked all that day in the kitchen and around the house and felt AOK. I chose to do some yard work rather than shop on Black Friday and again felt really good, until I crashed at about 6 pm. My energy seems to be returning. Hurrah!

I have begun decorating the house for Christmas. We will have a full house on the 27th with all of Robin's family, including Jessica, three-year-old Anastasia and we hope husband Andrew from Spokane, and Dan and Aimee from Brooklyn. It will be crowded and noisy and perhaps hopelessly fatiguing, and I can't wait. 

Only 26 shopping days until Christmas. Get out there, kids. Do your part for the recovering economy!

Love,
Katie


3 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday and Thanksgiving! It is great to read your thread and how recovery is coming along.... also to read that you have a retirement date for tomorrow! Did i miss the party too?

    I had a houseful (well only 6) for Thanksgiving and I was exhausted for 2 days- reading about how you held up proves you are recovering nicely!!!! Keep it up lady! thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris - how great to hear from you! I was on site yesterday for one day doing retirement run-around. It was fun to be back -- of course I didn't have any work! My retirement parties were back in July when I thought I was going to retire until life happened. Shall we have lunch sometime? Maybe in January? Let's get it on the books or it won't happen!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy every minute of this busy time, Katie!!!!

    So glad to know you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete