Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Mostly back to normal


Dan and Aimee arrived on Sunday evening after a wedding in LA. It is so good to see them! Yesterday was a lazy day of them doing some work, me baking, and Aimee and me knitting. Pot roast and mashed potatoes with apple pie for dessert. Aaaahhhh.....

I am feeling almost like my old self, although I haven't yet attempted any yard work. Last week I spent four absolutely terrific days in Seattle visiting a girlfriend and enjoying a family reunion at a memorial service for Mom's oldest sister. (At 96, she had lived quite a wonderful life.) Everyone commented on how good I looked, which I decided was because their expectations were very low. I didn't get tired, which surprised me, tho I also spent lots of time sitting and relaxing.

The edema in my legs comes and goes. It's with me right now and I'm seeing my PCP in a few days to see if she has any ideas for a solution. I've read that edema can be permanent following chemotherapy. I hope not. It's rather uncomfortable, and I don't relish the thought of wearing compression hose for the rest of my life. Whine, whine.

I missed last week's rain, tho I can see it in the snow on the mountains. I also missed the Giants final win. Three World Series in five years—a dynasty for sure!

Much love,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful that you and Cynthia could get together!! Good for both of you.
    I'm so glad you're doing so well.

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete