Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Getting better

It's been just nine days since my last radiation treatment, and it feels like weeks. I have so much more energy. I haven't napped since just after returning from the hospital. Al's daughter Robin and her family visited for lunch today, including granddaughter Jessica and her daughter Anastasia who are visiting from Spokane. Jess and I are very good buds and of course I adore my great-granddaughter. It was a fun visit and I expected it to wear me out. But good news, it didn't.

It's true I don't have much physical strength; I did move that big pumpkin on the porch, but I tried to lift some bags of potting soil out of Al's truck and couldn't. On the up side, I went shopping at J. Jill on Saturday, my first shopping expedition since July. My pants are falling off and I need a few to tide me over until I put almost 20 pounds back on. Which I know will happen, darn it. I'm driving again and feeling more and more like my old self.

I comb my hair very carefully to avoid revealing the big pink spots. And then I run my hands through my hair, as I am wont to do, and there are the big pink spots! Fortunately, I've almost stopped losing hair. Not quite but almost. A girl can hope.

Today is 26 years since Al and I were married at the little chapel in Yosemite. I am grateful to him for so much.

My love to all of you,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how delightful it is to hear this good news. The treatment sounded so brutal, especially when you ended up in the hospital, and I'm so glad it's behind you.
    I hope that you continue to improve everyday and that your strength comes back quickly. I'm surprised and happy to hear how well you're already doing given the previous posts. As my friend Kit says, Positive Waves GF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Katie and Al!!! I hope you're doing something special to celebrate. Just think Katie, you have a polka dot hair style - quite trendy I'd say;) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete