Monday, September 29, 2014

Woo hoo!

I'm getting my legs back! My knees and calves are pretty much normal now. My ankles come and go. I can now usually see the tendon that pops up when you point your toes back toward your legs. I am most grateful these days for pee, as in producing lots of it and getting rid of the edema.

On the down side, I've had blood drawn twice since I left the hospital and my white, red, and platelet counts are back in dangerously low territory. Doing the littlest thing exhausts me. High-energy Katie has been replaced by a pod person. I'm so hoping for a transfusion or two ASAP. Did you know - I didn't - that platelets are a spectacular yellow-gold color?

Pod Katie also has a pink spot on the back of her head from hair loss. But I notice that the accumulation at the shower drain has dropped to essentially nothing. Perhaps because chemo is done? Will it start coming back? Curly would be great fun.

I'm off to message my oncologist and beg for a transfusion.

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment